Credit Reporting Policy
Credit applications by businesses for our services
Playgro provides commercial credit for the purposes of the Privacy Act to businesses who apply for credit in relation to our goods and services. We do not provide any consumer credit.
References to you and your in this credit reporting policy are references to individuals in relation to whom we hold credit information or credit eligibility information for the purposes of the Privacy Act in connection with such credit. This policy provides details about our management of such information.
How we collect and hold credit information and credit eligibility information about you
Credit information relates mainly to your credit-related dealings with us and comprises various types of information collected by credit reporting bodies (CRBs) that report on consumer credit worthiness. We may collect or generate various categories of credit information about you.
We may also collect credit eligibility information about you, which is mostly information provided by CRBs relating to your dealings with other credit providers (for example, financial institutions that provide you with loans or other businesses that provide you with credit in connection with their products or services).
Credit information and credit eligibility information may include:
- identification information: such as your name, address, date of birth or employer;
- consumer credit liability information: being information about consumer credit accounts you hold with other credit providers;
- details about information requests made to CRBs: such as the fact that we or another credit provider have requested credit reporting information about you from a CRB to assess a credit application and various details about the credit you have applied for;
- default information: being information about overdue payments owed by you in connection with consumer credit which have been disclosed to a CRB by other credit providers;
- payment information: being information that an overdue payment has been repaid;
- information about consumer credit-related serious credit infringements;
- new arrangement information: being information about certain credit-related arrangements you may have entered with another credit provider in connection with a consumer credit default or serious credit infringement;
- court proceedings information: being information about certain credit-related judgments;
- personal insolvency information: being information recorded in the National Personal Insolvency Index about bankruptcy or various other insolvency-related matters; or
- publicly available information about activities relating to credit worthiness.
Credit eligibility also includes credit worthiness information that we may derive from data we receive from a CRB, such as a credit risk score.
We may collect credit information about you in any of the circumstances described above under the heading ‘How we collect and hold credit information and credit eligibility information about you’ above. We collect credit eligibility information from CRBs but may collect it from other third parties where permitted by the Privacy Act (such as from other credit providers with your consent).
How we use and when we disclose your credit information and credit eligibility information
Our use and disclosure of credit eligibility information is regulated by provisions of Part IIIA of the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code. We will only use or disclose such information for purposes permitted by these provisions, such as:
- to process an application for credit with us in relation to our goods and services;
- to manage the commercial credit we provide and collect overdue payments; or
- where a disclosure is required or authorised under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
Correction of and access to credit information and credit eligibility information
To request correction of, or access to, your credit eligibility information please see the heading ‘Data quality, access and correction’ above.
Complaints regarding our compliance with credit reporting requirements
If at any time you would like to make a complaint about whether we have complied with Part IIIA of the Privacy Act or with the Credit Reporting Privacy Code please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may resolve your concerns.
If you make such a complaint, we will write to you as soon as possible acknowledging that we have received your complaint and setting out how we will deal with it. We will endeavour to investigate and resolve your complaint within a reasonable period of time. We may need to consult with a CRB or another credit provider to do so. If we need more than 30 days to resolve your complaint, we will advise you of the reasons for the delay and ask for your consent to extend this day period.